What is it?
Astragalus (Astragalus membranous) is a medicinal plant used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine. It is used for various health problems by stimulating and regulating cell-mediated immune mechanisms; in the same way, its consumption benefits the cardiovascular and neuroendocrine systems. Due to its immunomodulatory action, it has been used as an adjuvant complement in aggressive therapies and to support a healthy immune response; in the same way, it is also a vital coadjuvant in the treatment of a wide variety of organic affections.
- Strengthens immunity by increasing the white blood cells that act against infections by viruses and bacteria.
- In conjunction with a healthy diet, it helps control type 2 diabetes by improving glucose metabolism.
- Promotes the proper functioning of the kidney by reducing the presence of protein (proteinuria) in the urine.
- Stimulates the immune response in the presence of agents that cause colds and flu.
- Helps the heart by facilitating the dilation of blood vessels that promote blood flow.
- Helps reduce tiredness even in people with chronic fatigue.
- Contributes to reducing seasonal allergy symptoms such as rhinitis.
Ref .: Lung Cancer: Targets and Therapy. Astragalus-containing Chinese herbal combinations for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a meta-analysis of 65 clinical trials enrolling 4751 patients Jean Jacques Dugoua, Ping W. Dugald Seely, Oghenowede Eyawo, Edward Mills